ITALY
I CIRCOLO DIDATTICO STATALE "N. FORNELLI"

 

       

In 1936, a magnificent new school building,  called “The Prince of Piemonte”, was inaugurated in Bitonto.
Strongly desidered by the podestà, it was divided in two departments, one for men and one for women and it was equipped with a large gym and a large courtyard.
Later, the school building was dedicated to the pedagogist Nicola Fornelli.

Most of teachers are working here  and they are engaged as follows:
68 teachers in primary  school
32 teachers in nursery school
In the year 2015/2016, the school is attended by 1123 students, including  5 foreign students.
From a cultural point of view, there are  many activities. For example:
Instructive activities for parents, students and teachers in cooperation with cultural associations.

The use of informatic instruments and multimedial tecnologies as a vehicle of knowlege.

School projects dealing with theatre, dance, music.

Actually, the most part  of our classes follow a program of 27 hours of lessons a week while 7 classes follow full time lessons of 40 hours.

 

BITONTO

Its history is deeply etched in the stone that makes up its monuments, historical proof of the love of art and culture and set free in the century old olive trees.
Blessed with olives, the production of olive oil since the 8th century b.c. Has contribuited  one of the most interesting pages in the town’s  economic history. It’s since that time, that Bitonto has been cultivating olives and producing oil that is renowned the world over for the specific way in which the trees are grown and for the methods of harvesting and treating the olives in a truly genuine manner. An ensemble which makes bitonto “the city of olives”.

 

Its history is deeply etched in the stone that makes up its monuments, historical proof of the love of art and culture and set free in the century old olive trees.

 

This is  the marvellous 12th century cathedral, a real tresoure in the Apulia Romanesque style, to the Enourmus artistic patrimony within And outside the city walls.